Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 28, 2018

GOD'S GRACE IS SUFFICIENT



GOD'S GRACE IS SUFFICIENT


FOR ME


But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and [a]show themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, may [b]pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me!



2 Corinthians 12:9 Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)
The Greek word for "grace" is Charis, from which we get the modern word "charity." It is defined as, "that which affords joy, pleasure, delight, sweetness, charm, loveliness; good will, favor, merciful kindness." (www.answers.com) In Hebrew, the word for "grace" is Chen, which derives from a shoresh (root) meaning "favor, mercy, kindness, graciousness." (hebrew4christians.com). The Strong Concordance 2425, for "sufficient" means (hikanos) strong, worthy and suitable. Likewise, the Hebrew word means to overflow.

I peeled myself off my bed, talked to God for a bit and put on my clothes and headed for the front yard. Today I had to do some gardening and mowing, not chores I am too thrilled about. I have two areas around my house where I have to mow every two weeks, the backyard and the front yard. The mowing is not the problem but the bugs and the mosquitoes are the problems. As soon as I head for the yard it is as if they sense my presence and immediately marshaled themselves around me seeking me as their meal. I was not in the mood for them feasting on me. They attacked me viciously and tried to get to me any way they can. Two weeks ago, I bought a can of repellant and sprayed my clothes, boots and sun hat before I stepped into them and before I went outside. This certainly put a damper on them. However, this bi-weekly task depletes my energy especially when the sun comes out to play.


Today was one of those days when I had to gather all my positive energy and seek God for His strength. It took me one hour and forty-five minutes to complete the front yard. All the time asking God for His strength. I took two breaks in between to drink water and to re-energize myself. When the task was done I took up all my tools and headed for indoors. I peeled those clothes off and headed directly to take shower. I had breakfast and was so exhausted I laid on my bed and fell asleep. Anyway, later that day while at the gym I thought about strategic ways to do the yard without feeling so fatigued after. I also was begging God to send me some help to do this unbearable task. Then the Scripture in 2 Corinthians 12:9 popped into my mind. Well, it just didn't pop in rather it was the Holy Spirit leading me.


When I got home from the gym while taking another shower I recalled the Scripture. It is as if God was telling me that His grace is sufficient for me even in my weakness, even at this unbearable task. I realized then how negative my attitude was regarding cleaning up the yard. I tried to be positive but when I feel so drained and exhausted it is as if all my joy and positive energy go on a hiatus. God also reminded me that He is my Source of everything I needed and if He believed I needed help He would have sent me the help. He knew that if I change my outlook and attitude I would have enough energy to complete the yard. He is my strength after all and He will infuse me with what I needed for the moment. He was teaching me that I needed to depend on Him rather than crying and griping about not having the help I believe I needed.


I am determined to change my attitude and meditate on this Scripture until I can get it down on the inside of my spirit because only then will I receive the strength I need. I have to see myself clothed with God's strength as a garment, as an adornment over me. When I have this revelation in me no matter what circumstance I may be experiencing at any given time God is my Everlasting strength. Habakkuk endorses, "the Lord God is my strength; He will make my feet like deer's feet and He will make me walk on high hills." (Chapter 3:19). I have a choice either to accept God's strength and rejoice in that or dwell in the sea of discouragement. I choose to rejoice in the Lord. Rejoice in the Lord always [delight, gladden yourselves in Him]; again I say, Rejoice! Philippians 4:4 Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC). When I look away from the circumstances and fix my eyes on Jesus where my strength is it is easy for me to yield to joy and start rejoicing in Him. The emphasis is on the word rejoice. The Greek meaning of the word chairo is to be full of joy (rejoice) and the Hebrew word gil means to cry, exult and be glad. King David understood that concept very well throughout the Psalms.


The word "strength" is associated with power, endurance and changelessness. The Greek word for strength is "dunamis" which means a force or power. This tells me that God's strength is a force behind my weakness it puts pressure that compels me to lean on His strength or dunamis, rather than focusing on my weakness. This force is attracted to my weakness and takes my weakness and makes it perfect so that I can get the job done. It is Jesus' power that rests upon me. The word rest means to be completely at peace. The Greek word for "rest" is anapausis meaning refreshment or cessation. Cessation from toiling or ceasing from labor, I was toiling rather than resting in Jesus and allowing His peace, His strength and power to abide in me and flow through me. Jesus said to His disciples, "I Am the Vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. (John 15:5, NKJV). So, I knew His words have to abide in me to bear the fruit of peace and rest even in midst of physical toiling. I could not do it on in my own strength or should say in this case my own weakness.


Jesus encourages us to depend on Him for everything we need no matter how big or small it is. He also encourages us to rest in Him. He said in Matthew 11:28, "come to Me all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest; take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I Am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. (NKJV). God is very capable to take excellent care of each one of us even to help me in my gardening tasks. This is grace, God's unmerited favor toward each one of us. It doesn't matter what the task may be or the challenging aspects of our jobs as long as we know we are never, ever alone. We only have to beware of His Awesome Presence with us and grip tenaciously to His hand and skip along life with joy in our hearts knowing God has each of our backs.


Finally, 2 Corinthians 12:9 The Passion Translation (TPT), says it so uniquely and relatable for me: "But he answered me, "My grace is always more than enough for you,[a] and my power finds its full expression through your weakness." So I will celebrate my weaknesses, for when I’m weak I sense more deeply the mighty power of Christ living in me.[b]"



Shalom
https://goldencordofhope.BlogSpot.com




 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tearing of the Soul of a Rebellious Wo-man/Journal #9

  Journal # 9 For what if some did not believe? Will their unbelief make the faithfulness of God without effect?.. Certainly not! Indeed, le...