Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 2, 2018
















Image result for free image of a secret place



The Secret Place

There have been times in my life when the "The Secret Place" of God has been a place of refuge and fortress against the forces of the Enemy. There are times in your life when you need a secret place to hide, to shelter from the storms of life. Some do not have such a place and seek outside themselves for a makeshift secret place and when the winds of strife and the storms of trials hit, it is like building a house on sand it immediately demolishes because of the inferior and weak foundation.


When I was going through all the crap in my life there were times when I felt alone, abandoned and forsaken by those who I thought I could depend on- even by own family. It seemed that the world had turned its back on me and it made me sad and desperate. It wasn't a good place to be. One thing I had going for me was that Secret Place of the Most High.

When I began to yield to Him I realized even though things had not changed I didn't feel alone anymore. I started to seek God in the midnight hour of my life and you know what I realized, He was there all along waiting on me to seek Him and ask for the help and comfort I needed. He never once judged me or berated me in anyway. When I closed my eyes I could see Him with His outstretched arms open wide to receive me.


We all tend to seek outside ourselves for the comforts we need especially when we are going through a trial, or circumstance or facing some affliction brought on by attacks of the Enemy. People do not believe we have an enemy who surreptitiously does his evil works and God gets all the blame. God is such a loving Father and He loved us so much He gave us His only Beloved Son that whosoever believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life in glory with Him.

Now, it can't get any better than that. The other guy is all hell and mayhem on earth and he is always on the prowl to see who he may devour. But when I tell people this they think all they can see, hear and feel is real and all there is. They do not realize the time spent here on earth is only temporary compare to eternity. And heaven is more real than the temporary things of this earth. So for some this is a dilemma or an enigma or just plain foolishness.


I know My Father loves me with an unfailing love and He has never once disappointed me in any way. When I am troubled or confused or anxious I have a Secret Place where He hides me and sets me upon a rock then I would be safe and I can gather my strength to face whatever I need to face. Psalm 31:20 says, "In the secret place of Your presence You hide me from the plots of men; You keep me secretly in Your pavilion from the strife of tongues." (AMPC) When I am attacked by the enemy through another human (spiritual hosts of wickedness), God delivers me. It is as if He is placing a shield around me to buffer me from the onslaught of attack and all I experience is His peace.

Another use for my "Secret Place" is to go to My Father and pray to Him in secret. It says, when My Father hears me pray in secret there is a reward waiting for me. God prefers us to honor Him by being genuinely devoted to Him and not looking to attract attention of others. The hidden things belongs to God and His children but the revealed things belongs to the children of wrath. Hence the reason the sons of wrath cannot understand the things of God. They are not hidden from those who walk unrightly in His sight.


"And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the Lord, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel" (KJV). When I am in the Secret Place of the Most High there are so many hidden treasures and hidden riches there for me. The Father and His Son, Jesus in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. There is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, and gentleness. There is prosperity, abundance and grace and everything that Jesus has made available to us who love Him. God is a generous Father to His children and His supply is unlimited and we lack nothing because of His love for us and our love for Him.

"We are like common clay jars that carry this glorious treasure within, so that the extraordinary overflow of power will be seen as God’s, not ours." (TPT). " We may be hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed, we maybe perplexed, but not in despair, persecuted, but not forsaken, struck down but not destroyed" (NKJV). The fact is this world is decaying rapidly and it has been for awhile. Everything is transient even our own existence on this planet so we are to lay up our treasure in heaven rather than earth where neither moth and rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

In the Secret Place lies the Treasure- Jesus. He is the Most Precious Treasure of all besides the Father. There is light and strength and unspeakable joy and peace that surpass and transcend human understanding. In the midst of the darkness in our lives that Light pushes the darkness away and it has to flee. In that beautiful hiding place, all my needs are met. I do not have to worry about tomorrow if I can pay this bill or any calamity that may crop up in my daily life. No! Jesus is in all of my tomorrows but He warns me not to worry or be anxious about tomorrow because today has its own problems. Besides I do not yet know what a day holds only He does. Since I remain in the Secret Place of the Most High, He orchestrates everything in my life and I can relax and enjoy the adventures ahead of me.


When I am in the Secret Place God takes care of all my cares and He carries all my burdens. No pressure unless I allow it to invade my secret place. Then it will no longer be a secret place. A secret place is where you can go to be refreshed and replenished and be filled with Living Water and the Bread of Life. It is such a delightful place where my soul is fully restored. He makes me and He insists that I lie down on the green lush grass and He encourages me to the stillness of the waters surrounding me until my heart and soul are in total harmony with the rythmic flow of the waters matching the beat of my soul. I pray that you seek to find your own secret place in Him. And above all guard it with your heart.



"Beloved, I pray that you prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers. (3 John 1:2)."











No comments:

Post a Comment

Tearing of the Soul of a Rebellious Wo-man/Journal #9

  Journal # 9 For what if some did not believe? Will their unbelief make the faithfulness of God without effect?.. Certainly not! Indeed, le...