Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 18, 2020

JESUS, MY SAVIOR

Jesus, My Savior: 


I grew up in a denominational religion where God seemed elusive, abstract and arbitrary rather than a Person. I saw God as a harsh Father waiting for me to mess up and to punish me. I thought sickness and poverty was how He exacted punishment. I grew up not knowing God in an intimate way because of the false doctrine purported by this religious organization. I felt shame, guilt, and condemnation throughout my young adult life. I felt I could never measure up to the standards that would get me to heaven. I couldn't do anything right and I felt unworthy.

But one day I heard a preacher who knew some things about the true God and the Gospel and I was hooked. I was like a drowning person hungry for God's love and mercy. I surrendered by life to this new concept of God and I read about John 3:16. You see before I never had a Bible or one that was authenticated. I learn Jesus came and died for me, for the whole world and He did not come to condemn me. He took my messes, sin and shame on His own body on the Cross along with my sicknesses and lack. He called me His beloved and He set me free.

What is your own experience of meeting Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tearing of the Soul of a Rebellious Wo-man/Journal #9

  Journal # 9 For what if some did not believe? Will their unbelief make the faithfulness of God without effect?.. Certainly not! Indeed, le...