Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 28, 2020

THE GRAVE OF UNFORGIVENESS

The Grave of Unforgiveness 


I remember those days when I trudged over the graves of unforgiveness. My soul was mired on the ruins and debris of hurt feelings, anger, rage and yes, self-righteousness. I lived in a vortex of hate and self-pity as it agitated the life and vitality out of me. I began to wither, lose the essence of who God created me to be. I felt as if the filth and garbage of life had been dumped on me. I lost my joy, my glow and innocence I once had; partly because of my poor choices and partly because of the people who I entrusted to love me and keep me safe. Yes, I was living a lie only I didn't know it. I thought it was how things were supposed to be.

I grew up buried under so much junk, I couldn't find me. I lived life on the offensive pushing people away and never getting too close trying to protect this fragile heart of mines. But one day at my lowest Jesus called out to me and He reached down in the self-aggrandizing position I had couched myself. I grabbed hold of His hand and I have never since let go of Him. Because He literally saved my life.

Now as I look at myself in the mirror I no longer see that sad, pitiful person but a vibrant, joyful person so full of life. Thank You Jesus for choosing me and accepting me. #jesusisdanswer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tearing of the Soul of a Rebellious Wo-man/Journal #9

  Journal # 9 For what if some did not believe? Will their unbelief make the faithfulness of God without effect?.. Certainly not! Indeed, le...