Powered By Blogger

Sunday, September 15, 2019

LOVE OUR ENEMIES

LOVE OTHERS AS GOD LOVED US


I heard my pastor preached on a sermon today on "who is my neighbor". It is such an important and relevant question and the answer is even more enlightening in the Scriptures. Jesus taught us how to love even our enemies. Matthew 5:(43) stated "You have heard the law that says, ‘Love your neighbor’[a] and hate your enemy. (44) But I say, love your enemies![b] Pray for those who persecute you!

In James, he gave us a warning in verse 1: "My dear brothers and sisters,[a] how can you claim to have faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ if you favor some people over others?" He went on to say in verses 8-9, regarding the royal law: "Love your neighbor as yourself.”[a] 9 But if you favor some people over others, you are committing a sin." 1 Corinthians 13:2 declared "if I have faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing."

And John 13:35 further claried our walk as Christ-followers, "By this everyone will know that you are my disciples if you love one another." LOVE IS THE BEDROCK AND FOUNDATION OF CHRISTIANITY even in the face of persecution and hatred. Let us all strive to follow Jesus' example.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tearing of the Soul of a Rebellious Wo-man/Journal #9

  Journal # 9 For what if some did not believe? Will their unbelief make the faithfulness of God without effect?.. Certainly not! Indeed, le...